Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Torn Series - What's next?

As most of you know, Tainted (Torn #3) is scheduled for release January 25th, 2014. It is the third and final book for Chloe and Drake. It is split into two parts (okay - three parts, but the third part is a surprise.) Part one focuses on the six months that Chloe and Drake were apart in Twisted. It is from Drake's point of view. Part two focuses on what happens next from Chloe's point of view.

Once you finish Tainted, you'll see that Chloe and Drake's story is complete.

So, does that mean that the Torn Series is finished? No. I posted a looooooong time ago that I planned to write books for the rest of the characters and I still plan to do that.  Logan, Jordan, Eric, Adam, Danny, Jade, and Amber will all have a chance to tell their stories as well. And yes, Chloe and Drake will be in their books. They're a group so it would be impossible not to have them in there. You'll get to see bits and pieces of their future in the other books.

I'll be honest with you guys. I've finished writing six full length novels and a novella since January. Total I've type roughly 398,000 words in 12 months. I have a husband, a three year old and I also have a day job. To put it mildly - I'm exhausted. I sleep no more than 4 hours a day and that's over exaggerating at times. I'm 23, but I'm beat.

I'm taking a month or two off. I have to or I'm going to crash. I have crashed once already. Right now, I can promise you that three books will be released in 2014. Tainted, Twisted Ties, and the standalone I just finished. My goal is to put six out, but I'm seeing how things go.

The thing is, with writing, sometimes you have to put one story on hold because another is claiming your attention. That's what happened with Shattered Ties and the standalone. I planned to write Logan's story right after I finished Tainted. Didn't happen. I have started on his story though, so hopefully it will be out later next year.


So to sum up my ramblings - YES, there will be more of the Torn Series. I'm hoping to have all of them out by the end of 2015. I can't promise though, because I literally have a word document FULL of stories that are nagging at me.


Hugs,
K

1 comment:

  1. You could always quit your day job and put out more books for us to read. I know I will buy what ever you write. Lol the 3 year old is tough I have a 6 year old an can get work in and out of the house done. You are a super duper wonder 23 year old. You write with wisdom.

    ReplyDelete